Skip to main content

Feeling the Love at Dragonfly Kitchen

You know the saying, 'The way to a man's heart is through his stomach'? Well, either that saying applies to anyone who loves food or I'm a man. And I'm definitely not a man.

What appeals to me more than the first impression of any eatery, is the consistency with which they continue their service and menu. At Dragonfly Kitchen, Farhan is doing a spectacular job with not only maintaining consistency in the products already available on the menu, he is also constantly surprising his customers with new, and even better delightful concoctions.

Brownie

Buttered Toast
Scrambled Eggs
Warm Brownie and Custard

Toasted Chicken and  Cheese Sandwich



Now allow me to share my delectable experience over the past few days with Dragonfly Kitchen. Located on main I.I.Chundrigar Road, my lunchtime has been ruled entirely by it. Over the past few days, I have tried and loved the following:

- Tomato and Basil Soup: This was way better than what I make at home. Full of texture and taste, Farhan was generous with the cream, but not so much that it overpowered the basic flavor of the soup, just enough to make it hearty and filling. The soup was made with honest to goodness tomatoes, with just the right amount of seasoning and most importantly, lemon that rounds off the flavor notes of tomato soup to perfection. Fresh basil was the star of the soup for me. It came in between spoonfuls and gave it that authentic tomato and basil soup flavor.

- Toasted Chicken and Cheese Sandwich: Okay, listen to me. This is important. If you're going to order the tomato soup, you HAVE to order this sandwich to eat along. The tomatoey- tobascoey-chicken-cheesy goodness of this sandwich went perfectly with the soup, and kept me full till 8:30 p.m. I was in awe. Not even 2 eggs and two toasts have been able to do that for me.

Scrambled Eggs: If you're like me and running late to work and/or don't want to have a heavy breakfast and start feeling peckish around midday, and you also want soft, smooth, creamy and filling scrambled eggs with makhan toast (Yes, makhan toast) then you just send a message to Dragonfly Kitchen. This was such a difficult treat to share but my colleague was so in love with them that I had to share it. Paired with a cup of coffee, this is THE perfect breakfast.

Brownie: I know, I know. I have waxed eloquent about this goodie more than once but what can I say? I'm obsessed. I love good brownie and this is perfection.

Warm Brownie and Custard: If you want to go one step further for a foodgasm, may I suggest this particular dessert? This is warm, sweet custard, with warm, sweet brownie. What does that give you? A party in your mouth is what this gives you. I didn't think Farhan could do a better job than the brownie but he went and proved me wrong! Getting this dessert warm is imperative, because when you scoop up a mouthful of brownie and custard, then see the steam coming off of it and then you put it in your mouth, the custard just melts the brownie and turns it into a sinfully delicious concoction that makes your taste buds sing in joy. And pay attention when wolfing down the last two bites or so because that is when the brownie turns into brownie custard and is just flawlessly beautiful. You won't want to stop eating this one!

I honestly can't wait to see what Dragonfly Kitchen comes up with next! *Happy dance*


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amazing Thai - For the Love of Ramen

Disclaimer: A friend sent me this ramen to try, so I didn't pay for it, but my opinion is as honest as it always is. Okay, I have to admit. I'm a sucker for packaged, unhealthy, and sinfully delicious ramen. So when my friend Omer, husband of the very famous Eman's Cakes (A blog is up on that already, by the way) told me he wanted to send over authentic Thai ramen to me, imported from Thailand, was I going to say no? Of course not! What arrived at my doorstep was this: Of course, there was no sign of English anywhere on this, but packaged ramen aren't that hard to follow through with. So out came the ramen itself into the bowl, along with the shrimp flavored powder, the spicy sauce that makes everything come together and a guesstimate of the water I wanted. What I ended up after nuking it for 2 minutes was this: This was soupy, spicy, not particularly strong in shrimp taste, probably because I added way too much water, but that's how I like it, 2 me

Where Customers Aren't Wanted

So I've been writing reviews and blogs for a long time now. And never have I ever written a negative review for anyone because I firmly believe I don't have the right to hurt anyone's business. I have been so firm in this practice that I have often been labeled as a 'bought blogger', someone who is paid to write positive reviews (I wish! I wouldn't have to work 2 jobs then). This recent experience however, takes the cake. Literally! I have waited a week to write this review just so that I could recall it objectively and without that hot flush of anger that comes when a paying customer is disrespected by a home-based caterer. Now I'll be honest with you, there have of course been situations where the food is so unpalatable that I haven't been able to consume it, but I have spoken directly to the owners of the establishments and left it up to them to decide how to proceed further. There has even been a situation where a home-based baker actually forgot

Steak_CFU: Is the Hype Real?

Every so often, an eatery pops up and creates an immediate uproar with an influx of reviews on social media labeling it as God's gift to mankind. Steak_CFU has recently been just one such place, with a negative review facing passionate backlash of 'Haw hai, never ever is it possible for falana dhimkana cheez to happen at this blessed by the angels eatery, and I've been ten billion times already!' With bookings going on for a month in advance, and the eatery having survived for over 5 months, my curiosity was piqued enough to make my first visit at 6:30 p.m. which is more of a linner (lunch+dinner) time slot I detest unless I'm intermittent fasting for a friend's birthday dinner, and a reservation which I did not make.  As soon as we were served the menu, the charming Khurram Rasheed who is the man behind the food walked in to greet us, (At this point, I have a story to tell which I shall share after my steak experience) and I left the choice of flavor, steak