Skip to main content

New Treats from The Poached Pear

Disclaimer: Photo Credits belong to Ali Soomro, aka Funty.

I had ordered a Dark Chocolate Tart with Salted Caramel from Poached Pear for a friend yesterday. Lo and behold, it came along with a little (Very  expensive) surprise. Now, this can be best described as a decadently rich, dense, yet not too sweet mix between a macaron and a meringue. It's chewy, yet light and not crumbly. The almond meal definitely comes through. Is it expensive? Yes. Is it worth it? YES! No questions asked. If Yasha keeps on expanding his product line like this, my waistline is going to disappear!
I have of course, waxed eloquent about the chocolate tart. It was stunning, as usual. Yasha's desserts are magical creations concocted for the fussiest of sweet tooths.

Kransekake
Kransekake-A 2 in 1!

Dark Chocolate with Salted Caramel Tart
Up Close and Personal. Layers, please



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amazing Thai - For the Love of Ramen

Disclaimer: A friend sent me this ramen to try, so I didn't pay for it, but my opinion is as honest as it always is. Okay, I have to admit. I'm a sucker for packaged, unhealthy, and sinfully delicious ramen. So when my friend Omer, husband of the very famous Eman's Cakes (A blog is up on that already, by the way) told me he wanted to send over authentic Thai ramen to me, imported from Thailand, was I going to say no? Of course not! What arrived at my doorstep was this: Of course, there was no sign of English anywhere on this, but packaged ramen aren't that hard to follow through with. So out came the ramen itself into the bowl, along with the shrimp flavored powder, the spicy sauce that makes everything come together and a guesstimate of the water I wanted. What I ended up after nuking it for 2 minutes was this: This was soupy, spicy, not particularly strong in shrimp taste, probably because I added way too much water, but that's how I like it, 2 me...

Forty4 Obsessed

What can I say? I love Forty4. And why wouldn’t I when the team, from Aman to the chefs, are willing to go out of their way to recreate an item no longer available on their menu? I had been craving Kampong rice from Forty4 and mentioned it to Aman the last se last time I visited.  When I called to make reservations the other day, Aman was kind enough to call me back because he remembered my craving! He then went to trouble to check with the kitchen and then texted me a confirmation that one of my favorite yummies will be ready for me! And that’s not all. Once I was served my requested dinner, he came by to ask if it was the same as I remembered it. And yes, it was!  I had already been told jasmine rice is no longer stocked, which had originally been used, and I was perfectly happy just the same. I mean, puri zindagi wohi chaawal khaye hain na? Ab ziada hi-fi honay ki zaroorat nahin hai, ‘kay? Although I was tempted to polish off my entire meal, there was an event I w...

Getting Fancy at Pan'Ris

My friends and I were invited to Pan’Ris for dinner this evening, and minus a few issues which if addressed, can be a great new addition to the Aylanto-classed eateries.  We chose to sit out on the deck, as the weather is as we all know, beautiful during the evening. It’s a lovely place, with a staircase handy leading off it to the main entrance. I have to say, the place is beautifully done.  The order comprised of a Seafood Chowder, Red Snapper with Saffron Sauce, Grilled Lobster, Dijon Steak with a baked potato, and the Smoked Turkey Spaghetti which was originally in a creamy sauce, but they were kind enough to switch it a marinara sauce, as per my friend’s request. For dessert, we ordered the Bread and Butter Pudding and a Blueberry Cheesecake. Our server was polite, efficient at order taking and attentive without being obstructive. We were informed our food would arrive within 20-25 minutes.  The chowder arrived within 10-15 minutes, and during that i...