Skip to main content

Burgers of Karachi-A Listicle

If you're looking for the best burger places in Karachi, look no further than this list of our top 10 burger options, including the  old and new!

1. Mr. Burger
Let's start with the burger which introduced burgers to Karachi, good old Mr. Burger. Mr. Big with Cheese, or the classic Mr. Burger itself will not only be a major throwback for those who spent their childhood in Karachi, these burgers still have the same taste! In my opinion, the franchise on Khayaban-e-Rahat is the best one.

2. Oh My Grill (OMG)
Your answer to gourmet burgers in Karachi, OMG blew away the burger-eating market when the first outlet was opened a couple of years ago. From the Classic with Aged English Cheddar to the Swiss Mushroom Melt, we can guarantee one burger is enough to satisfy your ravenous hunger.

3. Roasters
While this eatery may have many other items on its menu, the burgers at Roasters deserve a special shout out. Massive in size, packed with flavor, these burgers are masterpieces which make you go mmmm at first bite. My personal favorite is and always will be the Jalapeno Bacon Beef Burger. The bacon is beef, just by the way so totes halal.

4. The Burger Shack
When The Burger Shack hit the market, it was all the rage. Not just because the burgers were filling and tasty, they were deliciously affordable for whoever wanted a good burger. For a long time there used to be lines upon lines of people waiting to get their burgers, and while there have been many other burger joints which have opened, TBS remains a cult favorite.

5. Moos & Clucks
With a name as apt as this, had the burgers been disappointing, it would have been a sad tale indeed. But these meals are not only reasonably priced, they are saucy, filling and flavorful.

6. Burger Lab
With names such as 'The Boss' and 'Big Bang', this burger joint follows the trend of affordable, filling burgers. If you love onion rings inside your burger, then The Boss is the one you want to go for! If you're looking for a challenge, 'The Quadra' with 4 beef patties will be a challenge indeed.

7. Grub
Grub is a classic case study in Karachi's foodscape of a success story. Starting off with delivery only, Grub now caters to a large market with their recently opened eatery with their burgers, pastas and pizza. Their unique selling point is they are made with quality ingredients, but sell their food in affordable prices. So whether it's the beef anda burger or the creamy mushroom burger, Grub guarantees satisfaction.

8. The Sauce
Potatoes, nuggets and burgers are what you need to eat when you go to The Sauce. In this day and age of expensive eats, you'll be happily stuffed with an entire meal including your drink without breaking the bank.

9. Tribeca Cafe & Bistro
Known more for its tapas and tacos, the burgers at Tribeca Cafe & Bistro are not to be missed! While it's still a relatively new player in Karachi's foodscape, it has made a massive impact on those who have tried it.

10. Big Thick Burgerz
Ending this burger listicle with a bang, let's revisit another business format which started off with delivery only a few years ago in Karachi, and made an impact with their massive burgers ranging from classic to bbq sauce. They later on went to open their own outlet which is frequented by those who still love the unique BTB taste, because they truly are big and thick!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amazing Thai - For the Love of Ramen

Disclaimer: A friend sent me this ramen to try, so I didn't pay for it, but my opinion is as honest as it always is. Okay, I have to admit. I'm a sucker for packaged, unhealthy, and sinfully delicious ramen. So when my friend Omer, husband of the very famous Eman's Cakes (A blog is up on that already, by the way) told me he wanted to send over authentic Thai ramen to me, imported from Thailand, was I going to say no? Of course not! What arrived at my doorstep was this: Of course, there was no sign of English anywhere on this, but packaged ramen aren't that hard to follow through with. So out came the ramen itself into the bowl, along with the shrimp flavored powder, the spicy sauce that makes everything come together and a guesstimate of the water I wanted. What I ended up after nuking it for 2 minutes was this: This was soupy, spicy, not particularly strong in shrimp taste, probably because I added way too much water, but that's how I like it, 2 me

Where Customers Aren't Wanted

So I've been writing reviews and blogs for a long time now. And never have I ever written a negative review for anyone because I firmly believe I don't have the right to hurt anyone's business. I have been so firm in this practice that I have often been labeled as a 'bought blogger', someone who is paid to write positive reviews (I wish! I wouldn't have to work 2 jobs then). This recent experience however, takes the cake. Literally! I have waited a week to write this review just so that I could recall it objectively and without that hot flush of anger that comes when a paying customer is disrespected by a home-based caterer. Now I'll be honest with you, there have of course been situations where the food is so unpalatable that I haven't been able to consume it, but I have spoken directly to the owners of the establishments and left it up to them to decide how to proceed further. There has even been a situation where a home-based baker actually forgot

Steak_CFU: Is the Hype Real?

Every so often, an eatery pops up and creates an immediate uproar with an influx of reviews on social media labeling it as God's gift to mankind. Steak_CFU has recently been just one such place, with a negative review facing passionate backlash of 'Haw hai, never ever is it possible for falana dhimkana cheez to happen at this blessed by the angels eatery, and I've been ten billion times already!' With bookings going on for a month in advance, and the eatery having survived for over 5 months, my curiosity was piqued enough to make my first visit at 6:30 p.m. which is more of a linner (lunch+dinner) time slot I detest unless I'm intermittent fasting for a friend's birthday dinner, and a reservation which I did not make.  As soon as we were served the menu, the charming Khurram Rasheed who is the man behind the food walked in to greet us, (At this point, I have a story to tell which I shall share after my steak experience) and I left the choice of flavor, steak